Quick and easy naan / pitta bread – no yeast
For pitta bread leave the dough plain and Cook under the grill on a very hot pizza stone (clay plate). Naan can be cooked the same or in a very hot frying pan.
- 224g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg whole
- 3 1/2 to 4 floz Milk
1) Combine the dry ingredients + mix with the egg & oil
2) add the milk until a nice dough
3) mead for 5 mins
4) cover and rest 30 mins
5) heat the grill with a clay plate / pizza stone inside to get hot.
6) divide the dough and roll into ovals.
7) if making pitta skip to 9)
8) making naan – butter the top and add any topping (I added a little ground cumin) then cook…
View original post 79 more words